Friday, September 3, 2010

40 Beauty Questions Tag!!!

I have been seeing this tag a lot so I thought that it might be fun if I did it too. So here it goes.


SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face with soap at nighttime and in the morning i just wash my face with water. The reason is because I feel sometimes using too much soap can dry out your skin.



-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Currently, I have normal skin but in the winter it gets a little drier and the summer time it gets to be a bit more oiler.


-What is your current facial wash?
I am currently using Origins Checks and Balances Face Wash. This soap does not really foam, which is what I like. 

-Do you exfoliate?
Yes, I do but that is only if I remember or if I feel I need to or...If I am going to an event and I need my skin to be smoother so my makeup can go on better.


-What brand do you use?
Umm...a bunch. I use whatever I can grab. I use St. Ives, Boscia, Mario Badescu, C. Booth, etc.



-What moisturizer do you use?
Right now I am using the Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer. Before this, I was using the Philosphy Hope in A Jar, which I really liked because it left my skin feeling smooth. But the reason I like the Bare Escentuals is because it is all natural and it leaves my skin feeling supple. 



-Do you have freckles?
No.


-Do you use eye cream?
I do not use an eye cream exactly but I do use argan oil for around my eyes because that area is pretty dry..So I feel like argan oil does the job best.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Not really...When I was growing up I did not have severe acne but I would get a breakout here or there.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
I actually did use my sister's Pro-activ just for the sake of trying. But I didn't like it one bit. It was extremely strong and dried out my skin like crazy and then it made me realize that I don't need it. I kind of learned the hard way. Well, what can I say..I was young and eager to try new things.



MAKE-UP


-What foundation do you use?
lol!! This is really funny because I am ALWAYS trying out new foundations..so there never really is just one that I am using..But here a couple that I am currently trying...Nars Sheer Glow, Makeup For Ever Mat Velvet+, Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer (This is really good for school because it is a one step product..it has spf, retinol treatment and a little bit coverage), Clinique Pefectly Real Foundation, Mac Mineralize Skin Finish, and Yves Saint Laurent Matt Touch Compact Foundation.

-How about concealer?
Same as foundation...I am always on the hunt for a good concealer. I am currently using Make up For Ever Camouflage Palette, Amazing Cosmetics concealer, and Clinique all about eyes concealer.

-Do you know your undertone color?
I actually really do not know what my undertone color is. I usually get a mixed answer.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I absolutely love them...I think they add a nice bit of drama to your look. 

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes I do but I really just judge it on how the product feels and looks because some mascara lasts longer than others.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
A bunch...L'oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Pulse Perfection, Mac Zoom Lash, Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion, etc.

-Sephora or MAC?
Uhh, this is an extremely difficult question but I think I am going to have to go with Sephora because of the wide variety of brands and products.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No but I wish I did.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Fingers! and Brushes.....LOTS of brushes. I will do a separate post on which brushes I really like and what I use them for.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes - Too Faced Shadow Insurance or concealer sometimes.

-For the face?
Not at the moment - I have not found one that really has made a difference, to be quite honest.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Nars "ondine" eyeshadow. It is a greyish,purple, taupe color..and I LOVE it. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous on everyone.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use all different types... liquid, gel, and pencil.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I really like them. I especially like Mac reflect glitters and Make up For Ever Diamond Powders.


-Do you use mineral makeup?
Not at the moment but I am interested in buying Bare Escentuals to see if it really lives up to the hype.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
At the moment (because this is always changing)-I would pick Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in #30 because of the gorgeous peach tone and Mac Viva Glam V because it is such an easy color to wear.


-How about lipgloss?
Definitely YSL Golden Glosses... they are GORGEOUS!!!

-What is your favorite blush to use?
Nars Deep Throat, Bobbi Brown blush in Peony, and Milani Luminous.


-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No... but If I can't find the urban decay naked palette soon enough, I think I am going to have to buy it on ebay.


-Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love it - I think some products from drugstores are as good as their more expensive counterparts. I think drugstore mascaras are really good and revlon colorstay lipsticks are AMAZING... however the only thing I can gripe about is the lack of testers. I hate not testing what the color is like or the eyeshadow before I buy it...so that would be my one pet peeve but other than that I love finding a good bargain.


-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Yes I do. Whenever I go to the outlets, a trip to the CCO is a must. 


-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes I would love to do that. 



-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not really..I just leave a huge mess that has my name written on it when I come home.





-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
The playboy-ish nude listick look with the over-tanned skin. I absolutely despise this look..I think that ages everybody that does it and on top of that I feel like it does not grab the right attention. 


-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I actually like both. I LOVE neutrals for everyday wear but I love colorful makeup because of the culture that I come from, colorful makeup is recommended and if done right can look absolutely beautiful.


-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Definitely Scarlett Johansson. She always has nice makeup whether it is light, neutral makeup or a nice dramatic smokey eye.


-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Eyebrows filled in. I have to have my eyebrows filled in or else I look a naked cat. lol.

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes I do it a lot these days...not during the week because I think its important to look presentable for school and there is nothing wrong with making an effort...but at the weekends I don't mind unless of course I have my eyebrows filled on. :)

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I look okay. But I look better with makeup.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Overall I would say...Nars. So far everything I have tried from them I have loved..therefore they must be doing something right


-What do you think of Makeup?
I love it..It is definitely an art for me and I actually find it very relaxing. I feel like whenever I am in a tense situation, if I just sit down and I put on my makeup, it relaxes me.




No comments:

Post a Comment